Magento is a leading ecommerce platform. It has appear up as the most effectual and cause-forcible platform for e-businesses around the globe. Several successful stores have gain their prosperity through Magento. Since its launch in 2008, Magento has successfully established itself as one of the most used e-commerce platforms among those available on the market. It provides extreme flexibility and stability to an online store with attractive and necessary additions on the website.
Here are 10 interesting facts about Magento, that can be beneficial for an e-commerce business owner and reveals the seamless popularity of Magento –
1. PSD to Magento conversion is very much important in helping ecommerce store to the success point. One can plan for SEO in advance with the use of pre-defined PSD creation.
2. According to a majority of the recent market surveys, Magento, with a 26% share, remains the most popular e-commerce development platform on the market for the fourth year running. This clearly points to increased success of Magento users.
3. Today the Magento platform is chosen by more than 125,000 businesses, including some of the world’s leading brands like, Samsung, Ford, Olympus etc.
4. Based on the Zend framework, Magento applies the conventions of object oriented programming and model-view-controller architecture. This helps in glitch-free and easy-to-maintain coding.
5. Being a flexible platform, Magento is very nimble when it comes to product customization, payment options or shipping and handling. It allows the merchant to manage the store’s appearance, content and functionality from the intuitive administration interface.
6. About 100,000 stores chose Magento eCommerce platform and the number of there fans increases. Stats says that there are more than 5000 downloads of the solution every day.
7. Google has revealed that the term “Magento” was searched more than the word “ecommerce”.
8. In the year 2011, eBay was ready to offer $180 million to get hold of Magento, and succeeded in the pursuit.
9. In less than a year from its start, Magento gained more than 500,000+ downloads.
10. Apart from the default themes, it allows to create own sub-themes, add brand logos and customize pages according to one’s need.
Magento has proved itself to be one of the best platforms for designing e-Commerce websites. The above mentioned facts also supported the same. To increase the ROI of an online business, going with Magento may stand out to be an intelligent choice. To design a Magento website can be a little tricky. One should seek help of web design and development companies for the same who holds the ability of designing the best website through PSD to Magento conversion, so that he can get the website of his likes with firm control on SEO.