Upgrading to Magento 2.3.3
Magento Commerce 2.3.3 offers significant platform upgrades, substantial security changes, and PSD2-compliant core payment methods.
You can upgrade your existing Magento version 2.2.x to 2.3.3 using this tutorial.
What’s New in Magento 2.3.3?
This release includes over 170 functional fixes to the core product and over 75 security enhancements. It includes over 200 contributions from our community members. These contributions range from minor clean-up of core code to significant enhancements to Inventory Management and GraphQL.
- PSD2 compliance with core payment methods
- Fixes for 75 critical security issues
- Significant platform-security enhancements that boost XSS (cross-site scripting) protection against future exploits. This effort is the culmination of several months of concentrated effort on Magento’s part to reduce our backlog of security enhancements.
- Core payment methods integrations are now compliant with PSD2 regulations
- Magento 2.3.3 now supports PHP 7.3.x (tested with PHP 7.3.8) and PHP 7.2.x (tested with 7.2.21).
- Magento now supports Varnish 6.2.0.
- Zend Framework 2 Components have been upgraded to the Active/LTS versions.
- Merchants now have the ability to turn off the automatic URL rewrite generation.
- Page load speeds have been improved by moving non-critical CSS elements to the bottom of the page.
- The jQuery/UI library has been refactored into separate widgets so that core modules-load only the widgets they need.
- Store pages now display text in readable system fonts while loading custom fonts, which significantly increases page load speed.
- Magento is introducing the tracking of user actions and events on the Admin.
- The WYSIWYG editor has been upgraded to TinyMCE v. 4.9.5.
- Expanded GraphQL functionality and improved coverage for PayPal payment integrations, gift cards, and store credit features.
- PWA Studio 4.0.0 contains new hooks in Peregrine.
- The Google Shopping ads Channel Marketplace extension is now available as a bundled extension.
- Magento Shipping: Improvements to batch-order processing, carrier integration, shipping method preview in the shipping portal, checkout.
- Magento Shipping: Support for bundled products and prepackaged options.